Inaccurate Science Space Movies
I thought this was a pretty funny way of looking at movies in Space and the pure rubbish that goes along with it.
Surprisingly we’re missing a few well known space orientated movies including E.T and Star Trek, but at least they covered all of the Star Wars Movies.
Here’s a better look at the categories
- There’s no sound in space
- Not all planets have Earth gravity
- Planets should have diverse climates, instead of one unified climate across a “desert planet” or “forest planet.”
- It shouldn’t be too easy to communicate with alien creatures, without some kind of high-technology “translator” explanation.
- And it definitely shouldn’t be too easy for humans to interbreed with aliens.
- Humans exposed to vacuum without a spacesuit shouldn’t explode or shatter. And a “hull breach” where the ship’s crew is exposed to vacuum should kill everyone instantly.
- You can’t have fires in space, unless there’s oxygen leaking out somehow.
- Asteroids or other objects shouldn’t be able to float close together without falling into each other’s gravity
- People shouldn’t be able to dodge lasers and other speed-of-light weapons
- And there’s no reason why someone would move in slow-motion in zero gravity.
- Faster-than-light travel is probably not ever going to be possible.