I’m setting up a new page over on the RWD.is site looking for some
guinea pigs lucky volunteers to start receiving reports and recommendations around their website performance across a variety of the devices and connections.
Lately I’ve been doing a lot of reviews of site performance and most of the recommendations are being repeated across a variety of different sites. There are so many things that you can do today to shave off 20-50% of your webpage load time that it seems stupid not to do it.
The idea behind the first few is to test the waters. I want to know if
- Do the reports make sense?
- Are you the recommendations easily achieveable
- What are some of the barriers to get this done?
- Do the metrics I’m checking link back to your business goals?
- Can we track the return on investment for the work (although there’s no investment on your part to start with)
The page should be up over the weekend and then I can start testing the work that I’ve already put together.