Nerdy Thursday Links #13
We’ve had a wee bit of a break over the past few weeks with some new developments. Nothing actually developer like, but new stages in our lives.
We’ve had a quick move from London to Australia with a holiday in Bali thrown into the mix. There are some photos up on flickr from the Bali Trip and I might get some up on this site under the visual section.
But enough is enough, we’re here for links so here they are…..
- https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/476 – Facebook has released REAL TIME INSIGHTS for Business Pages.
- https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ninejjcohidippngpapiilnmkgllmakh – YSLOW for Google Chrome. Freaking awesome! Now will someone please develop firebug for chrome as well.
- http://stackexchange.com/ – Stackoverflow, a very well respected source of help for the nerdy internets has been granted $12M and changed from Stackoverflow to Stack Exchange.
- http://mashable.com/2011/01/11/how-wordpress-themes-actually-work-infographic/ – While the infographic is specifically for WordPress I’d like to see us do a similar layout for Matrix sites. I’ve had a few goes at doing this on a moleskin, but would like to see someone with some
- https://mozillademos.org/demos/dashboard/demo.html – This is from the below link to Mozilla Open Wonder site, but it explains some html5 things while using html5.
- http://thenextweb.com/dd/2011/03/09/whatwg-publishes-web-developer-edition-of-the-html5-spec/ – WHATWG have published their webdeveloper edition of the HTML5 Specification. This is kind of the real world version of how we will be using the new spec, rather than the specifications that the browsers will be asked to follow.
– This post takes a look at the semantics of the HTML5 elements including the Section, Article, Aside and, Header and Footer elements. It also takes a look at the ARIA roles and how you can improve semantics for Screen readers.
- http://www.alistapart.com/articles/css-floats-101/ – A List Apart takes a look at the tricky CSS Floats in this very well written article.